|If you attend lectures and have difficulty paying attention to
what is being said:
- Before lectures, look over the notes of the previous lecture and read the course
material pertaining to the lecture.
If you have questions about material from the previous class or text, ask the instructor
before class about them
- Resist distractions by sitting in front of the room and by focusing on the instructor
through listening and note taking
- Show outward interest during lectures (attentive expression and posture) to
self-motivate internal interest
- Take good notes! See Notetaking
- When appropriate: ask a question, ask for more clarity, or engage an instructor and the
class in dialogue
- Schedule time to go over lecture material immediately after class;
Remember: Forgetting is greatest within 24 hours without review
- Schedule a weekly review for each course.